IT Specialist I-IV, AI Specialist
University of Moncton Campus, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Competition # E19485-2021
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We’re committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we’re New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 400,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
As a Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence Specialist at the Centre for Artificial Intelligence located at the University of Moncton, you will contribute to the development and implementation of advanced AI-based systems and technologies for use at NB Power and in the energy utilities industry. In collaboration with other academic researchers, industry partners, and NB Power subject matter experts, you will work on cutting-edge deep learning, machine learning, computer vision, and predictive analytics algorithms, and will develop robust and deployable real-time software.
Key responsibilities include:
- The application of Artificial Intelligence in the utility industry to assist with determining health of assets/equipment from different data sources. (Such as various imagery: Infrared, 3D imagery, or data sets, etc.).
- Developing and training AI models to enable capabilities related to utility asset health prediction.
- Assembling sensor units to help gather data.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Experience writing artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, and computer vision algorithms with Python and C/C++ using libraries such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, OpenCV, etc.
- Programming in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Familiarity with basic computer vision and robot vision concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Git and Agile project management.
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your degree/diploma/certificate are attached to your online application.
NB Power will accept foreign credentials as long as they are considered acceptable by a recognized Canadian educational institution. Candidates with foreign education credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate. For more information, you may refer to the Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials at Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials: https://www.cicic.ca/1374/obtain_an_academic_credential_assessment_for_general_purposes.canada
In order to be considered for this employment opportunity you must be eligible to work in Canada.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Andrea Laskey at email@example.com.
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, October 3, 2021
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity.