Virtual Home Show Contest Rules
NB Power Virtual Home Show Contest Rules and Regulations
NB Power is conducting the Virtual Home Show Contest (the “Contest”) on our Facebook Page. The contest is intended to be conducted in New Brunswick only and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. This contest is being sponsored by NB Power (the “Contest Sponsor”) and it is the prize provider for this contest.
Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of New Brunswick.
- be at least nineteen (19) years of age at the time of entry.
This contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor, employees of Siemens Canada Limited or of the Contest Sponsor’s advertising or promotional agencies (including each of their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies), collectively the “Excluded Individuals”. This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
The Contest Sponsor has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading personal details and/or information. All entrants agree to cooperate with the Contest Sponsor in all investigations conducted by the Contest Sponsor or on their behalf.
- The Contest will start Friday, May 21 at noon and end Friday June 18 at noon ADT. (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest Sponsor’s computer system is used to govern all computer and time-related aspects of the Contest, and among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, individuals must visit https://www.facebook.com/ nbpowerenergienb (the “Contest Website”), click on the ‘Contest Post’, and follow the provided instructions to complete and enter their ballot.
- There will be one (1) weekly prize for four weeks and one (1) grand prize during the contest period.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person per email address/ Facebook account per week during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry received will be considered. Further, no entrant is permitted to use more than one (1) email address or Facebook account to enter the Contest.
- All entries become the sole property of the Contest Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled, or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except those selected for a prize.
- Each selected winner may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook account through which the winning entry was submitted. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Prize winners will be selected out of those who fully complete the contest ballot. The prizes available to be won are as follows:
- Prizes: There will be a total of five (5) prizes with one (1) Grand Prize during the entire Contest Period. The Grand Prize will be an electric lawnmower (valued at $600). The weekly prizes will consist of four (4) prizes (one per week) of a gift card of $100 value from ©The Little NB Box Ltd. The Prizes will be awarded at the end of the Contest Period. Employees or representatives of the Contest Sponsor will select the Prize winners at random from among all entries received during the Contest Period and their decisions are final and binding in respect to all matters related to the Contest. On June 21, 2021 the Prize winners will be notified. ©The Little NB Box Ltd. are in no way connected to the management of this contest. No purchase is necessary.
- All details of prizes will be determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value.
- All prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Contest Sponsor.
- All prize winners will be notified of prize pick up location at the time of selection.
- Prize winners must claim their prize by July 31, 2021. If not, another winner will be selected and notified.
- The Grand Prize winner may transfer the Grand Prize to another individual who meets the requirements described under “Eligibility” above.
- Prize winners will be chosen June 21, 2021 and will be contacted via telephone and/or email and/or social media.
- Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone, email, or social media to the contact information provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received within the timeframes described above under “Prizes”. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Contest Sponsor.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion there will be a random draw from amongst all persons making purportedly valid claims to such prizes after the Contest’s closing date, to award the correct number of Prizes.
- Winners will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question, which will be administered by a Contest representative.
- Winners will be required to execute a legal release and declaration form (“Release and Declaration”) that confirms each winner’s:
- Eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules;
- Acceptance of the prize as offered;
- Release of the Contest Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and/or related companies, and each of its employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and
- Grant to the Contest Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Contest Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof, without payment, compensation or liability to the winner or to their heirs, executors, administrators or assigns.
- Winning contestants must complete the Release and Declaration at the time of claiming their prize and within the timeframes described above under “Prizes”, or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited, without any liability of the Contest Sponsor whatsoever. Actual receipt by the Contest Sponsor and not proof of delivery is required.
INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
NON LIABILITY OF RELEASEES
- The Releasees shall assume no liability resulting from any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded prize or the Contest itself, any failure of any Contest Website during the Contest period, any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, or prizing error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or any losses or delays, in any mail or courier service, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received or sent, typographical errors, technical issues, computer or telephone malfunctions, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of any e-mail; or the loss or non-recording of any entry or entry form or vote or release to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, any injury or damage to an entrant or voter, the incorrect or inaccurate capture for any reason of entry information or votes, entries or votes which fail to comply with the Contest Rules, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls, printing, production, distribution, administration, or winner selection errors, any injury or damage to an entrant's or another person’s computer, other electronic devices, or software, related to or resulting from uploading or downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, or any other mistake or other matter whatsoever. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered may be void, as determined in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- By entering this contest, you agree to a complete releaseof Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
In the course of conducting this Contest, the Contest Sponsor will acquire certain personal information as submitted by persons seeking to enter the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrants grant to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor, prize product companies, and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Contest Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of New Brunswick, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part or parts of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, print or online advertising, or media coverage, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.