NB Power is ready for Nor'easter
Fredericton, (N.B.) - NB Power is prepared for the nor'easter predicted to bring heavy snowfall overnight into tomorrow. Customers are reminded to prepare themselves and their families for severe weather and the potential for weather related power outages.
Local tree trimming and line crew contract resources are moving today to the Moncton, Fredericton and Rothesay regions to be centrally located to respond as required. NB Power crews are fuelling and stocking trucks with equipment in advance of a system to be ready to respond as soon as it is safe to do so.
If your power goes out during a storm, you can search for, and report your outage on NB Power's mobile site by entering your phone number or account number or by calling 1 800 663 6272.
In advance of the storm remember to:
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged and your phone number is up-to-date on your account beforehand by calling 1 800 663 6272 today. This will help you search & report outages in your area.
- Keep a flashlight and safety light sticks handy to use in place of candles to avoid fire hazard.
- Have a full tank of gas for snow blowers and generators.
- Have a battery-operated radio and spare batteries ready as many radio stations operate using emergency power. NB Power works with the radio stations during power restoration work to keep you informed.
- Have an emergency kit on standby with supplies including a first aid kit, prescriptions, water and non-perishable food.
To monitor storm restoration work, check the outage map for the most up-to-date information.
Check out this video to find out more on our process for restoring power.
More storm preparedness tips are available on NB Power's website.