NB Power prepared for possible weekend weather event
Fredericton, N.B. - NB Power is closely monitoring this weekend's predicted snowfall, wind gusts and rain, and is reminding customers to be prepared for the potential for weather related power outages.
NB Power line crews are fuelling and stocking trucks with equipment in advance of a system that is expected to bring snow, rain and strong winds into the province on Saturday night into Sunday. A response plan is in place to relocate crews around the province as required. NB Power is in close contact with neighboring utilities and local contractors in the case their assistance is required for customer restoration.
If your power goes out during a storm, you can search for, and report your outage on NB Power's mobile site by entering your phone number or account number or by calling 1 800 663 6272.
Customers in these areas are encouraged to take the following steps to be prepared:
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged and your phone number is up-to-date on your account beforehand by calling 1 800 663 6272 today. This will help you search & report outages in your area.
- Keep a flashlight and safety light sticks handy to use in place of candles to avoid fire hazard.
- Have a full tank of gas for snowblowers and generators.
- Have a battery-operated radio and spare batteries ready as many radio stations operate using emergency power. NB Power works with the radio stations during power restoration work to keep you informed.
- Have an emergency kit on standby with supplies including a first aid kit, prescriptions, water and non-perishable food.
More storm preparedness tips are available on NB Power's website www.nbpower.com.