Small actions, big rewards contest rules
NB Power Small Actions, Big Rewards AIR MILES® Reward Miles Contest -2019
NB Power is giving away one prize consisting of 25,000 AIR MILES® Rewards Miles to one eligible customer (“the Contest”) who has entered the Contest by January 31, 2020. The contest is to be conducted in the Greater Fredericton, Florenceville, Woodstock and Miramichi areas in New Brunswick only and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. This contest is being sponsored by NB Power (the “Contest Sponsor”). LoyaltyOne, Co. and RMG Loyalty, are in no way connected to the management of this contest. No purchase is necessary.
Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- Be an NB Power customer residing in the greater Fredericton, Florenceville, Woodstock, or Miramichi areas, in New Brunswick
- Be of the age of majority (19 years old)
- Successfully register and have a water heater communication device installed on their water heater as part of the NB Power’s Small Actions, Big Rewards contest between 11:00 A.M.ADT on August 28 and 11:59 P.M. ADT on January 31, 2020
The Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor, LoyaltyOne, Co., RMG Loyalty, Siemens Canada Limited or the Contest Sponsor’s advertising or promotional agencies (including each of their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies), collectively the “Excluded Individuals”. The Contest is also not open to immediate family members residing with the Excluded Individuals and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
The Contest Sponsor has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading personal details and/or information. All entrants agree to cooperate with the Contest Sponsor in all investigations conducted by the Contest Sponsor or on its behalf.
- The Contest will start on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 11:00 A.M. and end Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm ADT (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest Sponsor’s computer system is used to govern all computer and time-related aspects of the Contest, and among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
- The Contest is open to all customers in the greater Fredericton, Florenceville, Woodstock and Miramichi service areas who are NB Power customers and register to have a water heater communication device installed on their NB Power rental water heater as part of NB Power’s Small Actions, Big Rewards contest between August 28 and January 31, 2020.
- Upon completion of the installation of the water heater communication device, the individual will be entered for a chance to win 25,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles.
- No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except the selected winner for the prize.
- The selected winner may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest.
- Limit of one (1) entry per Collector Number.
- If an entrant is not an AIR MILES Collector, he/she may enroll in the AIR MILES Reward Program by visiting airmiles.ca. By enrolling to become an AIR MILES Collector you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time.
- Submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of these contest rules by entrant.
Prize winner will be selected out of those who have participated in NB Power’s Small Actions, Big Rewards contest by having a water heater communication device installed or scheduled to be installed by or before January 31. The prize available to be won is as follows:
Prize: There will be a total of one (1) prize during the entire Contest Period, consisting of 25,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles. On February 10, 2020, the Prize draw will be made and the winner will be notified. Employees or representatives of the Contest Sponsor will select the Prize winner at random from among all individuals who participated in the program no later than the end of the Contest Period.
- All details of the prize will be determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value.
- The prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Contest Sponsor.
- The Prize cannot be transferred by prize winner or redeemed for cash and are valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of prize by winner.
- AIR MILES Reward Miles Prize will be provided via electronic transfer directly into the AIR MILES® Collector Account of the confirmed winner between 1 to 4 weeks after the confirmation of the winner of that Prize. To ensure that the winner receives the Prize in his or her preferred balance, winner should ensure his or her balance preferences (AIR MILES® Cash balance and AIR MILES® Dream balance) are set as desired prior to the Prize being posted in his/her Collector Account.
- The approximate retail value of AIR MILES® Reward Miles prize depends on the chosen method of redemption, available Reward options at the time of use, and the set preference between AIR MILES Cash and AIR MILES Dream balances. If redeemed with AIR MILES Cash, 95 Cash Miles can be used in-store for $10 towards purchases at participating AIR MILES Partners or 95 Cash Miles can be used online for eVouchers for $10 worth of value at participating Reward Partners. If redeemed for flights (1200 Reward Mile minimum required for flight redemption), value depends on destination chosen, date of travel and use of multiple carriers or suppliers. For example, one return economy flight from Toronto, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba is 2,000 AIR MILES Reward Miles and has an approximate value of $525.00 (Canadian) excluding taxes. Winner must pay applicable taxes, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs. The value of AIR MILES® Reward Miles used for non-flight Reward options depends on Reward options in effect at the time of use. AIR MILES Reward Miles prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time. AIR MILES Reward Miles prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- If a potential winner of AIR MILES Reward Miles is not an AIR MILES Collector, he/she may enroll in the AIR MILES Reward Program by visiting airmiles.ca. By enrolling to become an AIR MILES Collector you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time.
- Prize winner will be chosen on February 10, 2020 and will be contacted via the email address associated with their NB Power account. Winners will be contacted by email at least five times within thirty days. If a winner cannot be contacted during that time, another entrant will be randomly selected and the initial selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse against NB Power or its affiliates.
- If prize is not claimed within five days after notification to a prize winner by the Contest Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond from their email address to the contact information provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received within the timeframes described above under “Prize”. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Contest Sponsor.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion there will be a random draw from amongst all persons making purportedly valid claims to such prizes after the Contest’s closing date, to award the correct number of Prizes.
- Winner will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question, which will be administered by a Contest representative.
- Winner will be required to execute a legal release and declaration form (“Release and Declaration”) that confirms each winner’s:
- Eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules;
- Acceptance of the prize as offered;
- Release of LoyaltyOne, Co., RMG Loyalty, and the Contest Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and/or related companies, and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including liability arising from the acceptance of the prize(s) as awarded and confirming compliance with contest rules.
- By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes and in all mediums utilized by LoyaltyOne, Co., RMG Loyalty, and the Contest Sponsor, without payment, compensation or liability to entrants or to their heirs, executors, administrators or assigns.
Winning contestants must complete the Release and Declaration at the time of claiming their prize and within the timeframes described above under “Prize”, or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited, without any liability to the Contest Sponsor whatsoever. Actual receipt by the Contest Sponsor and not proof of delivery is required.
INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
NON LIABILITY OF RELEASEES
- The Releasees , shall assume no liability resulting from any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded prize or the Contest itself, any failure of any Contest Website during the Contest period, any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, or prizing error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or any losses or delays, in any mail or courier service, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received or sent, typographical errors, technical issues, computer or telephone malfunctions, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of any e-mail; or the loss or non-recording of any entry or entry form or vote or release to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, any injury or damage to an entrant or voter, the incorrect or inaccurate capture for any reason of entry information or votes, entries or votes which fail to comply with the Contest Rules, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls, printing, production, distribution, administration, or winner selection errors, any injury or damage to an entrant's or another person’s computer, other electronic devices, or software, related to or resulting from uploading or downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, or any other mistake or other matter whatsoever. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered may be void, as determined in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- In the course of conducting this Contest, the Contest Sponsor will acquire certain personal information as submitted by persons seeking to enter the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant grants to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor, prize product companies, and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Contest Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of New Brunswick, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part or parts of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, print or online advertising, or media coverage, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and NB Power.