NB Power Small Business Lighting Program Contest Rules Winter 2019
NB Power is offering a prize of a lighting upgrade, up to $10,000 maximum in value, to eligible participants in the Small Business Lighting Program Contest (“the Contest”).
The Contest is intended to be conducted in New Brunswick only and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. This Contest is being sponsored by NB Power (the “Contest Sponsor”).There is no purchase necessary from NB Power in order to enter the Contest.
Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
To be eligible for this Contest, a potential contestant must:
- be eligible to participate in the Small Business Lighting Program (the “Program”);
- be either presently enrolled in the Program and actively completing upgrades, or register in the Program during the Contest Period; and
- complete their lighting upgrades and submit the Request for Payment plus Certificate of Completion to NB Power by March 31, 2019
This Contest is not open to individuals or companies associated with the Contest, including the employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives including Service Providers of the Contest Sponsor, employees of Siemens Canada Limited or of the Contest Sponsors’ advertising or promotional agencies (including each of their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies, such as Service Providers), collectively the “Excluded Individuals”. This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
The Contest Sponsor has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading personal details and/or information. All entrants agree to cooperate with the Contest Sponsor in all investigations conducted by the Contest Sponsor or on their behalf.
For the purposes of the Contest, Service Providers are: qualified businesses providing lighting evaluations and services as part of the Small Business Lighting Program.
- The Contest will start on Wednesday January 30, 2019 and end March 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest Sponsor’s computer system is used to govern all computer and time-related aspects of the Contest, and among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, contestants must: be registered for the Small Business Lighting Program and progress through the program including completing the lighting upgrade, and submitting the Request for Payment as part of the Small Business Lighting Program, along with a Certificate of Completion to NB Power by March 31, 2019. Upon completion of these steps, the contestant will be entered for a chance to win the Contest prize.
- All entries become the sole property of the Contest Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled, or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except those selected for a prize.
Prize winner will be selected out of those who fully comply with the requirements under “How To Enter”. The prize available to be won is as follows:
Prize: There will be a total of one (1) prize during the entire Contest Period, consisting of the value of the participant’s energy efficient lighting upgrade performed under the Small Business Lighting Program, up to a maximum value of $10,000. The prize draw will be made by April 30, 2019 and the winner will be notified.
Employees or representatives of the Contest Sponsor will select the Prize winner at random from among all entries received during the Contest Period.
- All details of the prize will be determined by the Contest Sponsor in their sole discretion. Contest Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value.
- The prize winner will be notified of prize pick up location at the time of selection.
- Prize winners will be chosen by April 30, 2019 and will be contacted via the contact details provided at the time of registration in the Small Business Lighting Program. The selected winner’s project will be validated with a site visit by an NB Power representative prior to prize being awarded.
- The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Contest Sponsor.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion there will be a random draw from amongst all persons making purportedly valid claims to such prizes after the Contest’s closing date, to award the correct number of Prizes.
- Winners will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question, which will be administered by a Contest representative.
- Winners will be required to execute a legal release and declaration form (“Release and Declaration”) that confirms each winner’s:
- Eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules;
- Acceptance of the prize as offered;
- Release of the Contest Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and/or related companies, and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and,
- Grant to the Contest Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof, without payment, compensation or liability to me or to my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns.
Winning contestants must complete the Release and Declaration at the time of claiming their prize and within the timeframes described above under “Prizes”, or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited, without any liability of the Sponsors whatsoever. Actual receipt by the Sponsors and not proof of delivery is required.
INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
NON LIABILITY OF RELEASEES
- The Releasees shall assume no liability resulting from any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded prize or the Contest itself, any failure of any Contest Website during the Contest period, any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, or prizing error, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or any losses or delays, in any mail or courier service, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received or sent, typographical errors, technical issues, computer or telephone malfunctions, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of any e-mail; or the loss or non-recording of any entry or entry form or vote or release to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, any injury or damage to an entrant or voter, the incorrect or inaccurate capture for any reason of entry information or votes, entries or votes which fail to comply with the Contest Rules, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls, printing, production, distribution, administration, or winner selection errors, any injury or damage to an entrant's or another person’s computer, other electronic devices, or software, related to or resulting from uploading or downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, or any other mistake or other matter whatsoever. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered may be void, as determined in the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- In the course of conducting this Contest, the Sponsors will acquire certain personal or corporate information as submitted by parties seeking to enter the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrant grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, company name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors, prize product companies, and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of New Brunswick, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part or parts of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, print or online advertising, or media coverage, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.