Shediac Smart Energy Community Project
The Town of Shediac is helping to shape the future of energy in New Brunswick
Shediac is part of a four-year federally funded research project to understand how New Brunswickers can use energy in the future. This research will help New Brunswickers reduce energy bills and help the province reduce carbon emissions from power generation.
To build tomorrow’s grid for New Brunswick, we need research from here at home.
This project will:
- test new smart energy technologies and renewable energy sources
- identify customer benefits
- and encourage energy savings.
The Federal departments of Natural Resources Canada, and Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) Canada is funding this important research.
If you are a resident of the Town of Shediac and would like to take part in this important project, please complete the form below.
Before filling out the form check to see if you meet the requirements:
- Your home is located in the Town of Shediac
- You are the legal owner of your home
- You live in your home year-round
- Your home is single-detached, semi-detached, or a row housing unit, but not an apartment or part of a stacked condo unit
- You have the ability to receive emails and respond to surveys electronically
- There is only one electricity meter on your home
- Your NB Power account is in good standing