Small Business Lighting Program
While we focus on maintaining essential services for our customers, the Small Business Lighting Program has been suspended until further notice. We will not be accepting new registrations at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for current program participants are available here.
To learn how NB Power can help you during these unprecedented times, click here.
Benefits of energy efficient lighting
- Lower energy costs
- Offer your customers a better experience
- Increase safety with greater visibility
- Create a better work environment for employees
- Reduce the time and costs of maintenance
Does your business or building qualify? Here’s what you need:
1. Must be an NB Power General Service I or II customer or a commercial entity as categorized by Saint John Energy, Edmundston Energy, or Perth-Andover Light Commission with an account in good standing;
2. Building electricity consumption less than 150 MWh/yr;
3. Building must be at least two years old; and
4. You must own, manage or lease the building.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1 Apply
Complete and Submit the online application form. We’ll review and confirm your participation within a couple of weeks.
Step 2 Schedule lighting audit
Once you hear from us that your application is approved, you can contact a qualified Service Provider. Service Providers are lighting companies that will help you complete the steps of the program.
Step 3 Statement of Work
Your Service Provider will provide a Statement of Work and all of the necessary information on your lighting project. We’ll review this and confirm the proposed measures.
Step 4 Approval
After we approve the work you’ll have 120 days to complete the lighting project.
Step 5 Request for Payment
Sign completion notification form and send by email to NB Power with the signed Request for Payment form and supporting documents.
Step 6 Site Visit and Payment
An NB Power employee may request a site visit to verify the upgrades. Once your information is received and approved you’ll be issued payment for your incentive. This may take up to 30 days.
Direct deposit is a fast, easy and secure way to receive your incentive!
We are now offering customers a direct deposit option for all incentives, making it quick and easy for you to receive your payment! Please note: Business customers previously set up for direct deposit of incentives are not required to re-submit a direct deposit enrolment form unless there has been a change in banking information.
For complete program information, visit the Program Guidelines.