NB Power is a progressive, sustainable and customer-focused utility whose 2,300 employees are dedicated to providing quality service and safe, reliable electricity at low and stable rates. Our electricity is generated at 13 facilities throughout New Brunswick and delivered via power lines, substations and terminals to more than 350,000 New Brunswick homes, businesses, hospitals, schools etc. We also export electricity to New England, Quebec, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Today, our generation mix is about 65% non-emitting with a goal to get to 75% by 2020.
Current Job Openings
One Regular Position
Head Office - Fredericton
Competition # E16784-2015
The IT Specialist III provides technology evaluation, design, development and consulting services in one or more phases of the system development life cycle. The incumbent works with little or no supervision on own deliverables, and may coach and coordinate the activities of others. There will be regular interactions with IS planning, delivery and support staff, and with working level and supervisory staff in client area.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Designs and develops data warehousing solutions using SAP BW and related technologies and ensures integration within established standards
- Advises on technical architecture and integration issues
- Supports, troubleshoots and resolves production issues in data warehousing applications
- Researches and provides input to the evaluation of technologies and products in response to specific requests
- Gathers requirements from functional business owners
- Performs technical evaluations and contributes to cost and sizing estimates
The ideal candidate will have:
- A university degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- SAP BW, SAP Business Objects or related experience
- Proficiency in computer programming
- Demonstrated experience in working with relational databases
- Demonstrated experience with data warehousing concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preference may be given to candidates who have experience in any of the following:
- SAP BW system administration and advanced troubleshooting
- Data modeling and custom InfoProviders design in SAP BW
- SAP ERP data structure knowledge in one or more of the functional areas (e.g. FI, MM, PM, CCS)
- SAP ABAP programming
- SAP HANA
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
To apply click on the competition number highlighted above.
Please ensure a resume is attached to your application page.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Carole Volpé at email@example.com
Closing date: 4:30 p.m., March 16, 2015.