NB Power Group
The NB Power Group of companies provides all New Brunswickers with consistent, safe, reliable and sustainable energy at the lowest possible cost. Electricity is generated at 13 facilities and delivered via power lines, substations and terminals to more than 391,191 direct and indirect New Brunswick homes, businesses and facilities. Our group also exports electricity to New England, Quebec, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
The NB Power Group consists of a holding company and four operating companies.
- NB Power Holding Corporation (Holdco). Holdco provides strategic direction, governance and support to the subsidiaries for communications, finance, human resources, legal and governance. It also provides shared services on a cost-recovery basis.
- NB Power Distribution and Customer Service (Disco). Disco is designated as the standard supplier, responsible for securing adequate capacity and energy to meet our customers' needs in New Brunswick . Disco delivers safe, reliable and reasonably-priced energy to more than 391,191 direct and indirect customers by way of its 20,786 km of distribution lines and substations. It also provides valuable customer services through its customer interaction centres, account managers and energy advisors. For more information on NB Power Distribution and Customer Service, click here.
- NB Power Generation (Genco). Genco operates and maintains one of North America 's most diverse generating systems consisting of 12 hydro, coal, oil and diesel-powered generating stations with an installed net capacity of 2,853 MW. Genco supplies approximately 75 per cent of in-province load through sales to Disco. It also exports energy to neighbouring New England, Quebec, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia markets. For more information on NB Power Generation, click here.
- NB Power Nuclear (Nuclearco). Nuclearco operates and maintains a CANDU 6 - 635 MW reactor at the Point Lepreau Generating Station. The Station provides approximately 25 per cent of New Brunswick 's electrical energy requirements. It also sells five per cent of its energy production to Maritime Electric Company, Limited. For more information on NB Power Nuclear, click here.
- NB Power Transmission (Transco). Transco operates and maintains 46 terminals and switchyards that are interconnected by over 6,849 km of transmission lines ranging in voltage from 69 kV to 345 kV. The system is interconnected with electrical systems in North America, including Quebec, Maine, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. It has an export capacity of 2,137 MW and an import capacity of 2,378 MW. For more information on NB Power Transmission, click here.