Electrical Wiring Permits
Follow these easy steps to get started:
1. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
You can submit your request 24 hours a day, seven days a week through our self-serve option. Complete our web form at Electrical Wiring Permit Application Form.
You can also give us a call at 1 800 615-0522 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Please ensure you have the following:
- Contact information including email address
- Exact location of the property (civic number, lot number or 911 address)
- Work order number if NB Power is required (exceptions include customers of Edmundston Energy, Perth Andover Light Commission and Saint John Energy). A work order is provided from NB Power to the property owner upon request.
- Building permits or waivers – These documents can be uploaded directly on our website through the self-serve option.
Please ensure that you are providing the correct information and permit type in order to avoid delays to your application.
2. AWAIT APPROVAL
If you submitted your application online, it will be processed within two business days once approved.
After your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail notification with next steps.
3. CHOOSE PAYMENT OPTION
Payment options available to you are:
- Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD)
- Once you have filled out the PAD form, we will be able to process your payment automatically. In this case, the permit fee will be deducted from your bank account.
You will receive copies of your electrical wiring permit and confirmation of your payment by e-mail.
- Visa and MasterCard
- Make real time payments once the application is approved by calling 1 800 615-0522 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. You will receive a notification when we are ready to process your credit card payment.
- Cheque or money order sent to:
Attn: Electrical Wiring Permit Applications
515 King Street
PO Box 2000, STN A
Fredericton NB E3B 4X1
4. OBTAIN REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
You will be responsible to contact Technical Inspection Services with the New Brunswick Department of Public Safety by calling 1 888 659-3222 between 8:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday or emailing TISFTN@gnb.ca to coordinate a final inspection. The electrical wiring permit # is required.
Electrical Wiring Permit Application Form