Protecting Your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information collected. We only collect the personal information necessary for the provision of our services.
Any personal information collected is handled in accordance with corporate policies, our Code of Ethics and New Brunswick’s Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the ‘Act’).
Typically, we use your personal information for invoicing and billing, collection of overdue accounts and day-to-day business communications. We only use and disclose personal information we collected for the purpose it was collected, for a use consistent with that purpose, or as otherwise authorized pursuant to the Act. Your consent must be obtained before using or disclosing your personal information for any additional purpose.
Under the Act, personal information is considered to be recorded information about an identifiable individual. This can include, but is not limited to, an individual’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, date of birth and financial information.
You have the right to request access or seek corrections to your personal information contained in the records of New Brunswick Power Corporation.
NB Power’s Chief Privacy Officer
c/o NB Power Legal Department
515 King street
PO Box 2000
Fredericton, NB E3B 4X1
Phone: 1 800 663-6272
Automatic data exchange
To ensure that all browsing functions on the NB Power Website are fully functional, your computer and the site’s servers exchange certain data. This data cannot be used to identify you.
Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser. Cookies are used for updating and optimizing our Website to adapt to your browsing habits and needs, and preventing ads from being shown to you more than once. There are two types – persistent cookies and session cookies. NB Power may use either or both types of cookie. These types of cookies do the following:
- Persistent cookies are stored on your computer's hard-drive when you visit certain websites. Persistent cookies identify your browser and IP (Internet Protocol) address, but do not collect personally identifiable information such as your name, address, and credit card data.
- Session cookies facilitate your use and navigation of the NB Power Website, and expire when you close your internet browser.
You can set your Internet browser to refuse to accept cookies from the NB Power Website. You may be able to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when you receive cookies. Depending on how you modify these settings in your browser, some pages of the NB Power Website may use default settings.
Use of Web Analytics Tools
For example NB Power and its service providers use Google Analytics to analyze how the NB Power Website is used, in order to compile statistics and to improve the Website. NB Power has implemented the following Remarketing/Advertising features of Google Analytics:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
Cookies are used to collect the following data:
- your IP address
- your Internet service provider
- your browsing session date and start and end times
- your browser language
- your region or municipality, determined through your IP address
- your browser type and version
- your operating system type and version
- your device type and model (phone, tablet or computer)
- the domain of the previous site you visited
- the address of the pages you visited on the NB Power Website
- your activity (e.g., clicking, scrolling) on the NB Power Website
- the point of entry (banner, e-mail, social network, print publication, advertiser’s Web site) to your visit
- the screen resolution on your device
This data is collected and stored by Google on servers that may be located outside of Canada. However, this information is not shared with external parties, except in limited circumstances, such as for enforcing a law or allowing a third party to perform tasks on behalf of Google (e.g., billing or data storage).
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features you use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out).
Third Party Links
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the collection of this information, please contact us toll-free at 1-800-663-6272