New Customer Checklist
Your guide to connecting and managing your power
Whether you are connecting for the first time or moving to a new location in the province, we’re here to help! We have this checklist to help make opening and managing your account easy, so you can focus on what matters most.
- As soon as you know your move-in date, complete this on-line form or contact us at 1 800 663-6272. You will need to tell us:
- The full-service address (including the apartment number if applicable) or the meter number
- Your date of birth and one piece of government issued ID
- The name(s) of the individual(s) who will be financially responsible for the NB Power contract account.
- If you are under 19, ask a co-signer to complete this Co-signer Request Form and e-mail it to us at email@example.com
- Are you a new customer? If so, we require a security deposit that will be held for 12 months. Please note:
- The deposit is an average of two months of usage and will be applied to your first month’s bill (a minimum of $100 and a maximum of$400)
- If you have a good payment history, this deposit will be credited to you after 12 months or at the termination of your account
- Check and save your confirmation emails
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation after you have completed the activation form
- You will also receive a second email on the date of the requested activation to confirm that the service has been completed
- You can also sign up for paperless billing to reduce your environmental footprint.
- Check out our website for tips on how you could be using less electricity.