Is there a clear and safe pathway to your meter?
While it is not something we often think about, ensuring that our employees can safely access your meter is important for a number of reasons:
- Safety - to disconnect power in the event of fire, flood, vandalism or other emergency
- Bill accuracy - being able to conduct a reading ensures that your bill is accurate
- Maintenance/removal - Our meters are regulated by Measurement Canada and may require testing, repairs or removal in order to meet these requirements and to keep your meter working safely and accurately
Here are some tips for ensuring that we can safely serve you:
- Be aware of the location of your meter. What might have been free and easy access when the meter was installed can change over time.
- Keep the area around your meter clean and free of debris and obstacles.
- If you are doing renovations to your home, such as new siding, ensure that access to the meter is maintained. Do not build a deck, fence or other structure that blocks access to your meter.
- Do not locate propane or other fuel sources within 10 feet of the meter.
- If you have a dog, please make sure it is properly leashed or kept in a place that won’t interfere with your meter reader.
- Remove brush, plants or shrubs that could obstruct meter access.
- Remove snow and ice from the access way to your meter.
If we aren’t able to access your meter, NB Power will contact you to work out a plan. You can also contact us at any time if you are aware of meter issues on your property.
For Your Safety
Please note that our employees reading your meter will always be in a marked NB Power vehicle, wearing clothing with the NB Power logo. You can also ask us for photo identification at any time. If you are feeling unsure, please contact us at 1 800-663-6272.
Never attempt to make repairs or adjustments to your meter. Contact with the meter receptacle can lead to serious injuries.