How the Process Works
Always request authorization for work around a right of way (ROW) early in the planning process to prevent work delays. A minimum of three months before the work is set to begin is required and six months is recommended for complex requests.
The applicant is responsible for all costs associated with this request and review.
- Gather the information required for the Request Authorization form. This includes details of your project and written consent from landowners and other parties with an interest in, jurisdiction over, the proposed area of use and/or the property, including the right of way.
- Our team will review your request and may contact you for additional information.
- You’ll receive a letter requesting confirmation of the terms and conditions for use of the ROW.
- Sign the letter and return it to NB Power.
- Conduct work in accordance with the terms and conditions of the authorization.