M. Disconnection of Service
Table of Contents
In the event that a Customer has a written contract with NB Power or the terms of the applicable Rate Category fix a term of service and period for notice of cancellation, those provisions will prevail. In the event there is no written contract for service or provision for termination of service for the Customer's Rate Category, the Customer will give at least five (5) business days' notice to NB Power.
Any Customer required by contract or by the terms of the Rate Category to give notice of termination will be liable for all charges incurred as a result of the contract.
All other Customers terminating service will be liable for all applicable charges until the expiration of the five (5) day notice period or until NB Power has had reasonable opportunity to take a final meter reading.
NB Power reserves the right to disconnect service for any of the following reasons:
- undue interference with NB Power's electrical service to other Customers or NB Power's own equipment;
- safety considerations including defective wiring conditions or condemned properties;
- the Customer's refusal to grant access by NB Power personnel to NB Power Facilities and Rental Facilities for inspection, meter reading, maintenance and/or replacement of equipment;
- at the request of authorized personnel of New Brunswick Safety Code Services;
- nonpayment of Accounts in arrears;
- the customer does not meet one or more of NB Power’s requirements
Services will only be reconnected when the condition causing the disconnection has been eliminated or corrected.
Services disconnected for nonpayment will only be reconnected when satisfactory payment arrangements are made.
A security deposit or additional security deposit for a total estimated two (2) average operating months' billing based on the actual use may be collected as a condition of reconnection of service.
A service call fee will be charged as outlined in Section O - Fees and Charges, Service Call Fees.
Any Account disconnected for nonpayment cannot be reconnected in the name of another member of the household unless satisfactory payment has been received and security deposit arrangements have been made.