O. Fees and Charges
Effective Date: March 31, 2021
Table of Contents
Service Call Fee
A service call fee of $49.44 is applicable to the following services:
- Change from temporary to permanent service
- Reconnection of service, including reconnection for Accounts disconnected for nonpayment, installations where services have been upgraded, connections that do not require installation of a service loop, and connection of services that require a meter reading only
- If the meter is removed for testing at the Customer's request and the test results indicate the meter accuracy is within the allowable limits
- Each addition to an existing unmetered Account.
A service call fee is not applicable to the following services:
- Reconnection of service disconnected as a result of fire or other casualty or any incident not the fault of the Customer
- Transfer of service under the landlord service plan.
- Installation of area lights
- Delivery of water heaters rented by NB Power to the Customer's Premises at the location requested by the Customer
- Maintenance of water heaters rented by NB Power to the Customer, including blown fuses, thermostat adjustments and other changes of a minor nature
- Additions to street lighting or traffic control light Accounts
- Disconnection of service
- Service to a Premises to facilitate changes of a minor nature such as meter removal for replacement of siding.
Connection and Reconnection Fees
A connection fee of $87.49 is charged for all initial service connections including metered Temporary Facilities.
For multiple metered installations, e.g., Apartment Buildings, the $87.49 fee applies to the service for the common area. If there is no separate service for the common area, this charge applies to the first service connected. The remainder of the initial connections in multiple metered Premises will be charged the service call fee and not the connection fee.
Connection of a mobile home to NB Power Facilities that requires installation of an Overhead Service Loop is considered to be an initial installation.
A seasonal reconnection fee of $137.96 is applicable to the reconnection of an existing seasonal service to NB Power Facilities if the reconnection is for the same occupants of the Premises.
After Hours Fee
If a Customer requests service outside NB Power's normal working hours, or prior to normal scheduled service, an after hours fee will be charged in addition to the connection or service call fee.
The after hours fee is $71.85 for jobs requiring two (2) person hours or less, including travel. For jobs requiring more than two (2) person hours, the after hours fee is set at NB Power's incremental cost of providing the service.
Late Payment Charge
The late payment charge for all Customers is 1½% per month (effective annual rate 19.56% per annum or .04896% compounded daily rate).
The minimum late payment charge is 50¢. If an Account is less than $4.00 in arrears, no late payment charge is applied.
Non Sufficient Funds Charge
The charge for non sufficient funds is $15.00.
The Construction Charge is the estimated cost times the contribution ratio of 100%.
Extension of Overhead Facilities Refunds
|Type of Original Contribution|
|Type of New Account Connected||Single Phase||Three Phase|
|Single-Phase||90 meters times the average per meter
|90 meters times half of the average per meter
|Three-Phase||90 meters times the average per meter Construction Charge||90 meters times the average per meter Construction Charge|
Maintenance Charge for Optional Facilities:
15% of the total estimated construction cost of the optional facilities.
|Nonstandard Service Entrances:|
|Facilities to Non-Fixed Premises|
|Attachment to NB Power poles.|
|Pole||$22.61 per pole per year|
|Permit||$104.35 per permit|
NB Power charges for statements of accounts (up to 24 months) requested by customers.
Statement: $18.88 per statement
If for some reason a customer needs two separate statements, one for each year, then the charge will be applied for each statement. Copies of invoices for current and the previous month will be provided at no charge.
NB Power provides load profile metering services which includes the installation of customer load profile meters, data retrieval, and reporting. The charge for these services are:
|Small Industrial and General Service:||Initial Installation Fee||Monthly Charge|
|Mass Memory Meter||
|Automatic Call Processor (Stick)||--||
|Large Industrial:||Initial Installation Fee||Monthly Charge|
|Automatic Call Processor (Stick)||--||