In the early days of the pandemic, we responded with support for our customers by:
- focusing on the most important aspects of our operations to keep the lights on
- discontinuing in-person customer services until they could be performed safely
- suspending disconnections for non-payment and collection efforts
- deferring electricity bill payments for residential, seasonal and small business customers for up to 90 days
- extending existing payment arrangements
- waiving late payment charges until March 31, 2021
- asking the Energy and Utilities Board to allow a delay in the increase to the last possible date of the fiscal year, which meant there was no rate increase for customers during 2020.
While we have resumed our normal collections process, including disconnections for non-payment, we remain dedicated to working with our customers. We realize that many families continue to face financial challenges resulting from the pandemic. Disconnecting power is always a last resort.
It’s important that you reach out for support by calling 1 800 663-6272 so we can help.